Thursday, January 27, 2011

Car Stories/Ads

This May be a good buy but do you have to roll the car upright?



Let me hear from you,share your car stories here. 
Post your favorite Story,share with others.
                                             SHARE YOUR CAR STORY

What is your dream car? When I was about 12 years old my favorite car at that time and continues to this day was the 1960 Corvette. It was an absolutely beautiful vehicle, I would dream of owning one when I was old enough to drive. I could picture myself cruising down the road putting this sports car through its' paces.Shifting through the four speed transmission squealing the tires as I accelerate.To me this was truly a car to be put through its paces.
I envisioned my self walking into the dealership and sitting down and specking out the equipment and the color that I wanted . By the way it would have been the 283/315 fuel injected engine ,with the torch red/with white coves and the red interior.
But alas, reality hit me hard,the cost of that car was about 3500 to 7000 dollars,by the time I was old enough to drive.At that time I was working part time and in high school, and as there were only about 10,600 Corvettes produced for that year they were also hard to find. As time passed by I would continue to follow the production of the corvette and in 1996 I was able to drive the new C-5 body style. I was working for the oldest Chevrolet dealership in the S.E. at that time and Chevy brought 8 of the new composite body styled Vettes for us to see and put through their paces.
We were allowed to drive this new car through a closed road course and really put it to the test. Now as much as I would like to believe that I am a race car driver(in my dreams) I can not convey the confidence and the performance that this new vette delivered.We spent a few hours going through the mechanics and the physics of driving on a race course, then we were broken up into groups and allowed to push the car to our maximum abilities. One thing I can tell you,I have never felt the exhilaration or the elation of pushing myself to my limits,and this car never once let me down.We went out on the course and our goal was to try to better three professional race drivers times on the course.(unfortunately I was not one of the drivers to better their times)
I can tell you though,that day still lingers strong in my memory,for on that day I was able to fulfill one of my dreams .Driving a Corvette, on a closed course and pushing myself to my limits.Although my love affair with the 1960 Vette still carries on,and many of the muscle cars of the 1960's and 1970's, I really appreciate the engineering and the performance of the C-5.
Tell me your favorite car stories,jump in and share your dream car,whether it be a car of the past or one the new breed of cars.SHARE!


There was this car that was driving very slowly down the highway. A State Trooper pulls it over. "What have I done wrong, officer?" the driver asks.
"You are going 26mph on a major highway. There is a law against that," the officer says to the driver. "You must go at least 50mph."
"But when I turned on the highway, the sign said 26!" the driver replies.
"HA HA HA!" The officer laughs out loud. "That is because this is Interstate 26! The 26 isn't the speed limit!"
The driver leans back in her car seat and the cop sees another woman sitting beside her. She looked as pale as a ghost.
"What happened to her?" the officer asks.
"I don't know, but she has been that way ever since we got off of interstate 160."

A man in a Porsche 911 stops at a stoplight and a guy on a scooter pulls up next to him. The guy on the scooter leans over and takes an admiring look at the inside of the Porsche and tells the driver that he has a really hot car. Well, the light turned green so the driver of the Porsche decides to show off and peels out and leaves the guy on the scooter in the dust. Then, all of a sudden, he sees the scooter zip on past him. So, being a little cocky, the Porsche driver floors it again and blows past the guy on the scooter. A few seconds later, he again sees the scooter zip on past him. So now he's a little irate as well as a little mifted that that scooter keeps passing him so he floors it until he is going over 100 mph. He thinks to himself that there would be no way that scooter could catch him now, but then looks in the rearview mirror and sees that scooter starting to catch up. He then decides to find out what that scooter really is and slams on his brakes. Then the scooter crashes into the Porsche. After the dust settled, the Porsche driver sees the scooter driver lying in the road and goes over to him and askes how he could go as fast as the Porsche on a little wimpy scooter... The dying man replied, "I can't really, but my suspenders were caught on your side mirror...."



No comments:

Post a Comment